I am feeling very depressed. What should I do?

In brief: Depression

Start with a medical evaluation to rule out medical causes of your symptoms.
Medications are sometimes indicated. Talking therapy to include Cognitive Behavioral therapy or psychotherapy can be effective. Aim for daily exercise, 8 hours of sleep per night & good nutrition w 5 servings of veggies & 4 of fruit per day. Try tai chi, yoga, Qi Gong, progressive muscle relaxation, deep breathing

In brief: Depression

Dr. Susie Mendelsohn
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Time to see a therap

If you are feeling hopeless the best option is to seek a therapist to review all of your symptoms with, as you may require an antidepressant medication.
However, the tools you can learn with a psychologist will help prevent a downward spiral in the future even without the use of medication. Your psychologist can help you to determine if medication would be necessary.

In brief: Time to see a therap

Dr. Susie Mendelsohn
Dr. Susie Mendelsohn