I am 21 years old and have horrible teeth. Is it too late to get braces?

Dr. Benjamin Dancygier
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: It's never too late!

People of all ages if appropriate are suitable candidates for orthodontic treatment.
Discuss your options with your dentist or orthodontist.

In brief: It's never too late!

Dr. Benjamin Dancygier
Dr. Benjamin Dancygier
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Absolutely not

It is almost never too late to consider orthodontic treatment.
You just have to make sure that your teeth and gums are healthy first. I have had patients in their 40's and even early 50's have orthodontic treatment and happy for their decision. See a general dentist first and get a referral to an orthodontist for a consultation. Have your general dentist and orthodontist work together as a team.

In brief: Absolutely not

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler

In brief: Not really

Not necessarily. See your general dentist to make sure you have not cavities and the bone support around the teeth is good.
Then see an orthodontist. There are lots of people much older than you getting braces, no shame in it. You'll be happy you did it when your teeth look straight.

In brief: Not really

Dr. Pavanjit Chhabra
Dr. Pavanjit Chhabra
Dr. Peter Kurzweil