My earwax is irritating me. How can I get rid of it?

A few choices. When earwax is really bad and completely obstructs the canal (impaction) it is best removed by a health care professional, ie your primary care team or an otolaryngologist (ENT) who can remove it with a currette or irrigation. If this is not feasible, over the counter treatments such as hand irrigators and drops to soften the wax can help some, and never bad to do before seeing the doctor.