What sport or exercises are the best if you want to run for a long time without having cramps?

Dr. Matthew Enna
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: None in particular

If you plan on running for a long period of time, the type of exercise does not matter in my opinion.
Rather, the key is adequate stretching (though the need for stretching is a highly debated topic, though I am a proponent), and adequate hydration. Bananas are a good source of potassium, and can help fend off cramps, as can good old gatorade.

In brief: None in particular

Dr. Matthew Enna
Dr. Matthew Enna

In brief: Running

To run a long time , you have to train .
That type of training involves long distance running as well as interval training. Adequate hydration, proper foods etc are all part of that equation. No one runs a marathon by stretching and then just doing it. The training is arduous and daunting - but worth it of that is your goal.

In brief: Running

Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine