What is a way to get rid of scars without plastic surgery?

Scar Management. There are several treatments to improve the appearance of scars ranging from scar massage and silicone based products, steroids injections, lasers and radiation. You should seek a consultation with a specialist to see which one is indicated for you.
Scars. There is no way to get rid of scars. Even plastic surgery doesn't get rid of scars. There are techniques to try and make the scar less noticeable.
Many options. There are many different ways to try to improve the appearance of scars. The best place to start is with a consultation with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who can review the expected results with skin care, resurfacing procedures, injections or surgical techniques. Unfortunately this is often a difficult problem and you need to go in with the expectation of improvement, not perfection.
Scar tretaments. Several options are available for scar reduction: silicone gel silicone sheeting mederma kelo-cote scar massage tape a study in the journal of plastic and reconstructive surgery several years ago compared these and found that although none showed statistical significance for scar reduction, the one that had the best overall response was silicone sheeting. That is what I use in my practice.
Scar improvement. It depends on the type of scarring. Significant scarring can be improved , but not be erased. This may involve surgery, injections or topical treatments. There are some types of scarring that may respond to laser treatments.