What are the disadvantages of getting a labiaplasty?

Dr. Arthur Desrosiers
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: LessPain Labiaplasty

About 6 months ago, i would have told you that the biggest drawback was the 2-3 days of pain and that you wouldn't want to sit down during that time.
Now, here in miami we are doing lesspain labiaplasty and patients have zero pain for 3 days postop. So now that pain is not a concern, the only real disadvantage is no vaginal sex for several weeks postop. *** www.Arthurmd.Com *** miami, fl ***.

In brief: LessPain Labiaplasty

Dr. Arthur Desrosiers
Dr. Arthur Desrosiers
Dr. Robert Steely
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Asymmetry

Good morning! Properly performed by experienced cosmetic surgeons in an appropriate setting, labiaplasty has a minimal complication rate.
The biggest problems form inexperienced surgeons are asymmetry between the labia and removing too much labia which can lead to painful intercourse. I hope this helps

In brief: Asymmetry

Dr. Robert Steely
Dr. Robert Steely
Dr. John Di Saia
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: No sex for 4-6 weeks

As long as the operation is performed well and for the right reasons, the risks are minimal.
There are patients who have bleeding or infection problems but these are rare in the right hands really. You do have the period of healing in which you can't have intercourse though.

In brief: No sex for 4-6 weeks

Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Usually safe AND

I have conducted two studies ; now a third to verify the safety and efficacy.
No surgery is 100% safe and risks may include infection, hematoma, bleeding, excessive bruising, scarring, dehiscence, asymmetry, pain, numbness, discomfort, contour irregularity, over or under correction, vaginismus, dryness, dyspareunia, vaginosis, vulvodynia, irritation, unacceptable cosmetic result, need 4 revision.

In brief: Usually safe AND

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Warren Strudwick