I went to the gym the other day and did allot of sit-ups my stomach is very tight and hurts?

Dr. Robert Levine
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: DOMS
You have delayed onset muscle soreness (doms).
It is one of the most common forms of sports injury (cheung, 2003). The pain typically worsens over 24-72 hours and usually resolves within 7 days. Nsaids may be effective for the soreness. You should be able to return to sit-ups after 7 days but you should start gradually. You can exercise other muscle groups while waiting for doms to resolve.

In brief: DOMS
Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. John Kayvanfar
Sports Medicine
In brief: Have muscle strain
The purpose of sit-ups is to make abdominal muscle stroger with time.
The rule to do exercise is to them in a very graded fashion depending on your age. Now do nothing for next three weeks and use cold packs for ten minutes two time a day for a week. Your problem will go away and muscles will recover.

In brief: Have muscle strain
Dr. John Kayvanfar
Dr. John Kayvanfar
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine