I had an appointment to get a prescription of Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) as I have comorbid ADHD with my aspergers. What are the side effects of adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine)?

Dr. Glen Elliott
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Varies

The most common side effects of Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) are decreased appetite and trouble getting to sleep.
Anxious people may find that it makes them more anxious. It can cause dry mouth and blurry vision. May also increase pulse rate and b{. Side effects are dose related and typically lessen with time. Used as prescribed, it is a very safe medication.

In brief: Varies

Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Brian Buggie

In brief: Common Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) SE:

The common side effects associated with taking Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) are rapid heart rate, palpitations, nervousness, rest- lessness, insomnia, dry mouth, constipation, nausea, diarrhea, loss of appetite, weight loss, and elevation of blood pressure.

Dr. Brian Buggie
Dr. Brian Buggie
Dr. Cindy Juster