Yesturday I hurt my finger but I don't know how to tell if I jammed it or sprained or fracshured it?

Dr. Robert Levine
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: May Need X-ray
Jamming your finger is a mechanism of an injury.
Jamming your finger most likely would cause a soft tissue injury, that is, damage to a ligament, a joint capsule, or a tendon. The only way to determine whether you have a soft tissue injury or a fracture would be for you to have your finger evaluated by a physician and if indicated have it x-rayed.

In brief: May Need X-ray
Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. John Ayres
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Fracshured?
Depending on the mechanism of injury, it may be a simple contusion or a fracture (i.
e. Broken). The greater the amount of violence at the time of injury, the more likely it is to be fractured (broken). The only reliable way to tell if its broken or fractured is with an x-ray. Try rest, ice, compression, and elevation, but if its no better see a doctor and get an x-ray.

In brief: Fracshured?
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine