Yesterday was field day and I sorta sprained my ankle, do you think I need to put an ACE bandage on it?

Dr. John Kayvanfar
Sports Medicine
In brief: Sprained is injury
Sprained ankles needs support and protection to heal.
Ankle support which are u shape are best to get. Sprained need three to six weeks to recover sufficiently that you can resume sports depending on severity of injury.

In brief: Sprained is injury
Dr. John Kayvanfar
Dr. John Kayvanfar
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry
You also should be icing, elevating and resting the injured limb.
The compression of the ace bandage will reduce the swelling but the other tasks are just as important. If you find you do not see any improvement in your pain after a week or so, or if you should have severe pain when walking, you should visit the doctor to have the ankle examined.

Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine