My right hip hurts! ever since I went to the batting cages for first time in years. How do I fix this prob?

Dr. John Kayvanfar
Sports Medicine
In brief: Hip Bursitis
The most common condition that occur is called hip bursitis, due to fixed foot and turing of the hip.
Usually a repeated ice pack for twice a day for 15 minutes each time and taking anti inflammatory for ten days should resolve it. If persist see your doctor for a possible cortison shot.

In brief: Hip Bursitis
Dr. John Kayvanfar
Dr. John Kayvanfar
Dr. James Eitner
In brief: Out Of Shape
It is also possible that you over used the muscles, since you have not been batting for 2 years.
Treat the area like you would a sprain and see your doctor, if it does not improve. In the future, make sure you have thoroughly stretched and warmed up before the activity.

In brief: Out Of Shape
Dr. James Eitner
Dr. James Eitner
David Miller
In brief: Foot to back
Pain in your hip could be a result of a problem in your foot, ankle, knee, hip or back.
A do skilled in osteopathic manipulation can often provide immediate and sustained relief of your pain. Ultimately, you likely need to work on the mechanics of your swing to prevent this happening again.

In brief: Foot to back
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine