It has been almost three months since I sprained my ankle, and it's still swollen. What should I do?

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Orthopaedic surgeon
You may have something else going on in your ankle such as instability (looseness), loose bodies, a cartilage lesion, or scar tissue that is causing swelling and flui accumulation within your ankle joint.
Further or initial orthopaedic evaluation is warranted.

In brief: Orthopaedic surgeon
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Matthew Enna
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: See a doctor
If you still have swelling three months after your injury, it is possible that you have a fracture in your ankle that has gone unrecognized.
I would suggest seeing an orthopaedic doctor for appropriate x-rays and physical exam, .

In brief: See a doctor
Dr. Matthew Enna
Dr. Matthew Enna
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine