Is it possible for a person to get both diabetes type 1 and 2? As in, the insulin receptors become so irresponsive that blood glucose levels rise twice as rapidly?

Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Pediatrics - Endocrinology

In brief: Yes and no

Patients with type 1 diabetes who develop Insulin resistance requiring lots of Insulin have both.
It is sometimes referred to as type 1 1/2 dm. Insulin resistance will often accompany obesity, poor diabetes control and high triglycerides, for example. Blood sugars don't "double" in rate, but Insulin doses may go up significantly to maintain control of blood sugars.

In brief: Yes and no

Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Stevan Cordas

In brief: Type I and Type II.

There are various degrees of type ii diabetes.
Some become Insulin dependent early and some not at all.

In brief: Type I and Type II.

Dr. Stevan Cordas
Dr. Stevan Cordas
Dr. Cindy Juster