I sorta sprained my ankle and I can't really walk that well, do you think I need to wear an ACE bandage?

Dr. Matthew Enna
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: No

An ace bandage does not immobilize an ankle.
It can help with swelling to some degree, but it is not imperative after an ankle sprain. The most important thing to do is to get plugged in for ankle physical therapy to strengthen the tendons around your ankle in order to help stabilize your ankle and help prevent recurrent sprains.

In brief: No

Dr. Matthew Enna
Dr. Matthew Enna
Dr. David Laha
Podiatry

In brief: Have it evaluated.

Ace wraps can provide some compression and slight immobilization, but you should have it evaluated if you can not walk well.
Rice: rest, ice, compression and elevation. You may need more immobilzation than just an ace wrap. Sometimes, a brace or cast boot would be a better options. See your foot specialists for evaluation. Dr l.

In brief: Have it evaluated.

Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine