I rolled on my leftfoot playing basketball and the left side of it hurts right bellow my ankle and its swollen?

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Sprain vs. fracture

More than likely you have sustained an ankle sprain.
A fracture is less likely. If you have bony tenderness or are unable to walk and bear weight on the injured foot, you may have a fracture. Sprains will swell but respond quickly to rest, ice, compression, an elevation (rice therapy). If you think you may have a fracture, you need to contact your physician to arrange an expeditious evaluation.

In brief: Sprain vs. fracture

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Ankle sprain

Sounds like you sprained your ankle.
See a sports medicine doctor, who can evaluate it and give you the proper recommendation.

In brief: Ankle sprain

Sounds like you sprained your ankle.
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine