I have a cough, and some chest congestioni usually workout everyday, and don't want to skip, what should I do?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Observation

If you are a generally healthy individual and you have no fever, no productive cough of brown or blood tinged sputum, are not short of breath or having pain when you breathe, then you should simple rest, take in lots of liquids and observe.
If any of the above, then you should see a primary care physician. Use common sense and if concerned, seek care.

In brief: Observation

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Depends...

If you have a cough and some congestion but no shortness of breath, you could attempt some low level exercise.
But if your symptoms worsen or you develop shortness of breath or chest pain, stop immediately and see your doctor for evaluation. If you are having any breathing problems, no exercise until your doc evaluates you!

In brief: Depends...

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine