I agree with the theory that people just trade one addiction for another so how can I get addicted to exercise?

Dr. Bryan Levey
In brief: By exercising
Exercise tends to be self perpetuating.
...The more you do it, the better you feel, and the more you want to exercise. Further, when you've established the exercise habit (not addiction), then on days you don't exercise you will notice you don't feel as well, which will make you want to refrain from missing exercise.

In brief: By exercising
Exercise tends to be self perpetuating.
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Silly question
You really don't want to be "addicted" to anything.
Too much of even exercise isn't good. I get the point of your question, but there's nothing good about having an addiction. For that reason, i find it to be a silly question.

In brief: Silly question
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine