How long I have to wait to donate blood again(i can't wait long)and can I start weight training immediately?

Dr. James Chen
Sports Medicine
In brief: 2 months
Red blood cells take 6 to 8 weeks to replenish.
There are many other components of blood that replenish sooner such as plasma. However, most donation centers do not allow repeated donation sooner than 8 week. After donation it is advised to hold off on strenuous activity for a few days. If you get lightheaded or dizzy, then rest is advised and you should see your physician for evaluation.

In brief: 2 months
Dr. James Chen
Dr. James Chen
Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine
In brief: 56 days & 3 days
You may donate blood every 56 days.
You should wait at least 3 days prior to strenuous exertion / heavy lifting...Particularly at 50+ to be safe.

In brief: 56 days & 3 days
You may donate blood every 56 days.
Dr. Donald Alves
Dr. Donald Alves
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine