My dentist didn't use gum protection during whitening. Will my gums get damaged for sure? She also made me rinse off the carbamide peroxide with water

Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dentistry

In brief: No

If your gums are not sorwe now, whatever your dentist did to protect them worked.

In brief: No

Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Not necessarily

Without actually being able to examine you, i can't be certain.
However, the irritation to the gums is usually just temporary and varies with the concentration of the whitening material, the type of gum tissue you have, and the length of time that your gums were in contact with the chemicals. I doubt that you will have any serious problems. Discuss this with your dentist.

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Adam Levy