I went to the loo and when i wiped, there was brown stuff onn the paper, what does this meanhow can I take a pregnancy test wen my period is not due?

Dr. R. Wayne Inzer

In brief: Spotting

Brown discharge is usually old blood and can occur for a number of reasons, depending on timing of cycle.
If mid cycle it can indicate ovulation. If recent cycle ended, it may be breakthrough bleeding from temp. Hormone disruption. It can also be from vaginal or cervical irritation such as recent intercourse or retained object, like tampon. You can take a preg test anytime.

In brief: Spotting

Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
Dr. Adam Levy