I had a tvt sling inserted 6 months ago. I am wanting to start exercising again, and am wondering if it is ok to do ab exercises eg sit ups, crunches ?

Dr. Ann McKane
Pathology

In brief: Definitely!

Although it is best to follow your doc's instructions, general guidelines allow return to light exercise (walking several times daily) almost immediately; with kegel exercises daily.
Several weeks rest better prior to moderate and heavy exercise: 2 wks to swim; 4wks to run; 6wks strenuous sports; 4-6wks for strength training (avoid weights >10-15lbs until 6wks). You should be set to exercise!

In brief: Definitely!

Dr. Ann McKane
Dr. Ann McKane
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine