My dr prescribed me seroquel (quetiapine) for a sleep aid but after researching it im scared to take it. What should I do?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: See your doctor

Seroquel (quetiapine) has many possible uses.
Not knowing the details of your specific clinical situation makes it difficult to give you a specific answer. Best to go back to your doctor and discuss your concerns.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Samuel Bayles
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Dont

if you are uncomfortable with it then call your physician and talk about other options.
seroquel (quetiapine) is not an inherently bad medication - it may be a good choice for you, but that should be clarified if you have new concerns. your doctor won't be irritated about reviewing the risks of seroquel (quetiapine) - or if they are then find someone else.

In brief: Dont

Dr. Samuel Bayles
Dr. Samuel Bayles
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine