I have been treated for RA for ten years. Never tested positve for rhumatoid factor only high white blood cell and c reactive protien. Do I have ra?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: It is possible

You do have RA factor to positive to be diagnose with ra, those are called negative RA factor. Do you have multiple joints problems especially in the hand and feet? If you do most they are right you have ra.
Good luck.

In brief: It is possible

Good luck.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Larry Greenbaum
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Seronegative RA ?

Rheumatoid factor (rf) is present in about 80 - 85% of patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Therefore about 15 - 20% of patients with RA have a negative rf test. Under those circumstances the diagnosis depends on the doctor's judgement and x-ray findings. The ccp antibody test works slightly better than the rf test, and might be helpful if hasn't been checked.

In brief: Seronegative RA ?

Dr. Larry Greenbaum
Dr. Larry Greenbaum
Dr. Eric Weisman