Is it normal to feel depress after laparoscopy?

Dr. Tracy Berg
Surgery

In brief: Depression

Depressed feelings after surgery is quite common.
These feelings are usually temporary. Okay to discuss with your surgeon and or your doc, especially if persisting more that a couple of weeks.

In brief: Depression

Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Linda Gromko

In brief: Talk to your doctor

I think any surgery can throw off our normal equilibrium. You've had medications, an interruption in your usual routine - and i'm not sure why you had the laparoscopy done.
If you're feeling blue, but those feelings go away quickly, i'd guess it's nothing serious. But if symptoms of depression last over 2 weeks - and especially if you have feelings of not wanting to go on, be seen by your doctor!

In brief: Talk to your doctor

Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery