Every morning when I wake up my lower back, shoulders, knees and ankles are achey. What could be causing this?

David Miller

In brief: Arthritis

Without knowing more about your age and medical history, a "best guess" would be that you are suffering from some form of arthritis.
I would suggest that you make an appointment to see your doctor right away to get this checked out.

In brief: Arthritis

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Many joints hurt

Many possibilities.
Because so many joints are involved this may be an illness. You should see your doctor for an examination to find out the cause and then proper treatment can be given.

In brief: Many joints hurt

Many possibilities.
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Michael Laccheo
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Many things

These symptoms could be caused by, literally, hundreds of diseases and syndromes across many areas of medicine.
You should start with seeing your primary care physician who could diagnose or at least narrow down the possibilities with a good history, examination and possibly x-rays and labs.

In brief: Many things

Dr. Michael Laccheo
Dr. Michael Laccheo
Dr. Vicken Poochikian