Can redness of face and neck come from a allergic reaction to steroid pack, taken for bronchitis?

Dr. Brian Bezack
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: It's not an allergy

Redness and facial flushing are known side effects of the steroid medications.
It is not an allergy. In fact, steroids are often used to treat allergic reactions.

In brief: It's not an allergy

Dr. Brian Bezack
Dr. Brian Bezack
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Flushing

It is common for fair skinned individuals to flush from oral steroids, especially when the dose is high when starting the pack.
Flushing usually involves the face, neck and upper chest and should subside as the dose is tapered down.

In brief: Flushing

Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Dr. Jack Mutnick

In brief: Possible

It could be due to the Medrol (methylprednisolone) dosepak but I am inclined to think it might be due to something else.
Seeing the doctor is the best answer you can get.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Steven Seres