Can redness of face and neck come from a allergic reaction to steroid pack, taken for bronchitis?

Dr. Brian Bezack
Pediatrics - Pulmonology
In brief: It's not an allergy
Redness and facial flushing are known side effects of the steroid medications.
It is not an allergy. In fact, steroids are often used to treat allergic reactions.

In brief: It's not an allergy
Dr. Brian Bezack
Dr. Brian Bezack
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Flushing
It is common for fair skinned individuals to flush from oral steroids, especially when the dose is high when starting the pack.
Flushing usually involves the face, neck and upper chest and should subside as the dose is tapered down.

In brief: Flushing
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Dr. Jack Mutnick
In brief: Possible
It could be due to the Medrol (methylprednisolone) dosepak but I am inclined to think it might be due to something else.
Seeing the doctor is the best answer you can get.

In brief: Possible
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine