How can I decide whether I should get an amnio?

Dr. Kang Zhang
Ophthalmology

In brief: Talk to your doctor

You should talk to your doctor to discuss the purpose of the procedure and the risks and benefits of the procedure.
It is also helpful to ask your doctor if there are alternative tests that can give you the same or similar information.

In brief: Talk to your doctor

Dr. Kang Zhang
Dr. Kang Zhang
Dr. David Fein
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Genetic counseling

You should not have to make this decision alone.
Almost always, you will be provided with information -- pros, cons, risks, benefits, and alternatives -- by your physician or a referred genetic counselor. Although a difficult decision, this test provides knowledge...Knowledge that you may want...To help you make the decision.

In brief: Genetic counseling

Dr. David Fein
Dr. David Fein