I have a pain in the left side of neck which is causing headache. The pain is traveling to the back of my shoulder blade. I have an ear burning (warming) sensation. Pain relief is not working. What should I do?

Dr. Douglas Tavenner, jr.
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Muscle Spasm

A muscle spasm in the neck can cause all the symptoms that you list.
Use warm moist compresses on this muscle and slowly stretch this muscle out.

In brief: Muscle Spasm

Dr. James Marx
Cold works better for some. Try to see what works best for you. Trigger Points need to be sought out and treated. Sometime injections show remarkable improvement.
Dr. Manuel Sousa
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: ?pinched nerve

Sounds like a possible pinched nerve or a postural issue.
I would consider consulting with a chiropractor.

In brief: ?pinched nerve

In brief: Need to diagnose

You could possess problems in the cervical spine, although some of this is not typical.
Tmj dysfnctn could be the culprit, and maybe you have problems in the brachial plexus such as thoracic outlet syndrome. Consider possible nerve or joint pain generators, and see your doctor to get a confirmed diagnosis first, and treatment later.

In brief: Need to diagnose

Dr. Eric Weisman