What can I do if my doctor says I have borderline pulmonary hypertension. What can I do to avoid getting it?

Dr. Charles Jost
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: See Below
Lose weight, exclude sleep apnea (via a sleep study), and consult a pulmonary hypertension specialist.

In brief: See Below
Dr. Charles Jost
Dr. Charles Jost
Dr. Charles Burger
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology
In brief: Borderline PH
Modifiable pulmonary hypertension (ph) risk include avoidance of stimulant medications such as Fenfluramine and treatment of co-existing lung and heart disease, sleep apnea and thyroid disorders.

In brief: Borderline PH
Dr. Charles Burger
Dr. Charles Burger
Dr. Fernando Torres
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology
In brief: Hmmmm
If you are overweight, you may need to loose weight.
If your doctor tell you that there is a reason why you are developing phtn, then correcting it may help. I hope this helps. But usually, it is not your fault that you get phtn.

In brief: Hmmmm
Dr. Fernando Torres
Dr. Fernando Torres
Dr. Arnon Rubin