I just started the pill, I've started bleeding heavily and having bad cramps for almost a week. Should I be concerned?

It's not uncommon. To have irregular bleeding, thus cramping, when u start the pill. It kind of depends when u start them, if mid cycle then more problematic. Try 2 aleve (naproxen) 2x per day and see if that helps and call ur doc if it worsens but it should start to improve.
Probably not. It can sometimes take up to 3 months for your body to adjust to the hormones in the pill. It is very important to take them at about the same time every day. One of the hormones, progesterone, naturally will trigger you to start your period if the level of it drops in your blood (like if you skipped a pill or took it several hours late). If this goes on for more than 3 cycles, see your dr.