How long do I have to wait for my birth control to take effect? I did a quick start. It's cryselle brand if that makes any difference. My boyfriend and I are planning on using condoms as well.

It depends. It depends on whether you can be sure you're not pregnant--no sex in the last month, consistent birth control. If no risk of pregnancy, you can do a "quick start" and start anytime. Many doctors advise starting on the first day of a period. Use back up birth control for 7 days if you start anytime other than day 1 of your period.
7 days. It takes 7 days to be effective with the so called quich start method, which is a term that is used to describe when you start your bc pill not the classic way, which is on your first day of your menstruation. If you start on your first day of mentstruation, you are protected immediately. However the quick start method has the advantage that you do not have to wait until your periods comes on.