How can I prevent stretch marks?

Dr. David Fein
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Weight management
The truth is you can't prevent stretch marks if they are going to develop.
However, you can lessen the likelihood by watching pregnancy weight gain -- the average weight gain in pregnancy is 25-35 pounds. Simple, smart health habits that maintain healthy tissue will keep your skin healthy -- not cocoa butter, creams, or lotions.

In brief: Weight management
Dr. David Fein
Dr. David Fein
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Unavoidable
While reasonable weight control and properly supplemented diet intake and recommended sodium intake is advised to minimize excessive tension and provide adequate nutrition to the skin, I am not sure there is much else other than being blessed with good genes.
Aloe vera, cocoa butter, lanolin, vitamin e are good moisturizers but do little to mitigate stretch marks.

In brief: Unavoidable
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik