For how many days can you give tylenol (acetaminophen) in a row for teething pain to a one year old infant? I have only given it two times at night. More than one molars are coming in back to back.

Dr. LaQuia Walker
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: Pain medication

It is best to not exceed the manufacturer's recommendation listed on the bottle, but i wouldn't advise using it for more than a week.

In brief: Pain medication

Dr. LaQuia Walker
Dr. LaQuia Walker
Dr. Scott Diede
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Twice daily OK

Assuming your child has no medical issues, taking Acetaminophen 1-2 times at night would be ok for a week or two.
I would try to see if one dose per day could work when possible.

In brief: Twice daily OK

Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Andrew Chase
Dentistry

In brief: Check w pediatrician

While tylenol (acetaminophen) is generally safe, you should always review with your child's pediatrician/pediatric dentist for specific issues, as they are most familiar with your child's medical history.

In brief: Check w pediatrician

Dr. Andrew Chase
Dr. Andrew Chase
Dr. Carlos Jesurun
Pediatrics - Neonatology

In brief: Less is better

I have not felt that Tylenol (acetaminophen) or other meds make a difference.
If you are having to keep giving the medication-it probably doesn't do much and it is best to stop giving it. Local treatment is best.

In brief: Less is better

Dr. Carlos Jesurun
Dr. Carlos Jesurun
Dr. David Sullivan
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: Teething Pain

Generally Ibuprofen is much more effective for teething than tylenol (acetaminophen).
You can also let your baby chew on a cold teething ring.Some parents have found camilia really aids in teething discomfort. It is important you do not give your baby more than four doses of Acetaminophen per 24 hours. Acetaminophen really challenges the liver. Massaging the gum tissue with a soft bristle brush can also help.

In brief: Teething Pain

Dr. David Sullivan
Dr. David Sullivan
Dr. Jonathan Jassey