I started smoking over the summer for two months, but I stopped. Are my lungs going to be seriously damaged?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: No
You have made the right decision and you should never go back on it.
Not smoking is one of the greatest decision one can make. A short time of smoking, as you have, will more than likely never put you at any risk from such activities. Great job! keep up the good work! congratulations!

In brief: No
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine
In brief: No
People can undo the damage that decades of smoking have done as long as they stop before the damage occurs.
Two months is highly unlikely to cause any permanent damage, and your lungs should heal completely, unless there is some other condition (like congenital emphysema or cystic fibrosis). Congrats on smoking and stay quit! it should heal completely.

In brief: No
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Steven Seres