Doctor told me I have bronchitis and gave me antibiotics and steroids. Is it ok for me to go to work?

Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Probably...

If you have shortness of breath or a fever greater than or equal to 100, you should not work.
If not, then you can work but if your symptoms worsen or if you develop breathing difficulties or a fever, you need to stop working until it resolves. For worsening sxs or shortness of breath, see your doctor.

In brief: Probably...

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Depends

You should have covered that at your visit with the doctor! it would depend on your age, all the co-existent medical problems you have, what medications you are taking & what kind of work you are performing.
Usually if given steroids, you have some wheezing & bronchospasm. It may not be best to go back to work very soon. If you have concerns, call your pcp's office for instrucitons & a note.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine