As a male adult, what is the best way that I can determine if I am afflicted with aspbergers?

Select right doctor. I see a lot of individuals with aspergers syndrome in my practice. It is often misdiagnosed or completely missed. Symtoms comes in wide spectrum. I would recommend you to see either psychiatrist or psychologist who has experience diagnosing and treating aspergers. Management typically depends on severity of social impairment. Behavioral therpay and/or medication found to be useful.
Seek care. You should first start with your pcp, then if needed a referral to someone who can do testing and assessment for this condition. This is usually done by a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist. Start with your pcp and work it out!