What to do if I had to go cold turkey off my antidepressant. What can be some of the side effects of this?

Dr. Madan Uprety
In brief: DEPENDS
It largely depends on dose of medication and type of medications you were taking.
Some medication, like Prozac (fluoxetine) has long half life, therefore, it eliminates from the body slowly and has no or minimal withdrawal symptoms. Generally, highter the dose, withdrwal symptoms are more prominent.

In brief: DEPENDS
Dr. Madan Uprety
Dr. Madan Uprety
Dr. Michael Klein
In brief: A few
While not ideal to stop antidepressants cold turkey, the side effects will often wear off eventually.
Some complaints some of my patients have noted include, a rapid return of depression symptoms, anxiety, nausea, dizziness, insomnia, hypersomnolence (too sleepy), fatigue and most commonly malaise (something just doesn't feel right). In general, it is always better to check with your doctor 1st.

In brief: A few
Dr. Michael Klein
Dr. Michael Klein
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Some antidepressants are more likely than others to cause withdrawal. Paroxetine, venlafaxine and dueloxetine for example are to be more carefully withdrawn. As noted most side effects do wear off fairly quickly with the exception of venlafaxine which can take sometimes weeks to clear.
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine