Is. Turp done to fix prostate cancer?

No. TURP will make the urine have a stronger flow rate but will not remove the cancer. I assume you have received treatment for the cancer with external beam radiationor seed implants.I hope this answers your quesion.
Turp. Turp (transurethral resection of the prostate- removing a part of the prostate through the urethra) is a surgery used to relieve urinary obstructive symptoms from an enlarged prostate caused by benign prostatic hyperplasia (bph). It is not a treatment for prostate cancer; however, prostate cancer at times is indentified through turp.
Palliation. Turp can be used to treat men with prostate cancer who have problems urinating. Turp cannot be used to cure prostate cancer because it removes only the parts of the prostate that are closest to the urethra, while leaving the majority of the gland intact. Because turp, when used in men with prostate cancer, is meant to relieve symptoms but not to cure the cancer, it is called a palliative procedure.