I have a bone chip fracture right ankle with history of ligament damage..I have to see an ortho surgeon. What should I expect in regards to treatment?

Dr. Ryan Pitts
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: It all depends....

Did this just happen ? If it's an old injury and it was just found on an x-ray then nothing may have to be done.
If this is a new injury, a lot depends on your exam and your x-rays, your age, activity level, medical problems (like diabetes, etc). If its a stable injury a protective boot or walking cast for a few weeks, if it's unstable and/or the ankle structure is disrupted you may need surgery.

In brief: It all depends....

Dr. Ryan Pitts
Dr. Ryan Pitts
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine