What foods can I eat to lessen my risks of schizophrenia and dementia, and increase memory function?

Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Mental health diet

I know of no medical research demonstrating that diet can cause or have an effect on schizophrenia.
Omega 3 fatty acids are good for one's brain. Check with your doctor.

In brief: Mental health diet

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Maureen Nash
Psychiatry - Geriatric

In brief: Unknown

As far as we know, there are no specific foods that increase memory function.
There are hints that eating those foods that are good for your heart are also good for your brain: fruits and vegetables, whole grains, minimal processing, fish and limited red meat...

In brief: Unknown

Dr. Maureen Nash
Dr. Maureen Nash
Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Diet

A healthy lifestyle diet with lots of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, berries, nuts, extra virgin olive oil and omega 3 oils of walnuts and wild salmon are about the best you can do.

In brief: Diet

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine