What is the likelihood of someone with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder being successful in a career?

Dr. Shaym Puppala
In brief: Better w treatment
It is difficult to say, since everyone is different.
I will say, however, that those I have known with schizophrenia and/or bipolar disorder who take their medications as directed even when feeling well have been the most successful with work and with their lives in general. Those i know who tend to stop the meds whenever they are feeling well have not done very well at all due to relapses.

In brief: Better w treatment
Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Carla Enriquez
In brief: Depends
Many variables determine success in a career. Being bipolar or schizophrenic worsens the odds, but doesn't eliminate the likelihood of success.
Hard work & use of one's skill set & intelligence is more important than a diagnosis. These patients tend to be very bright, so their problems are related to work place adherence- being on time, interaction with associates, not missing time due to illnes.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez