I've been taking antidepressants for over 3 weeks. How long will it take me to feel the medication work?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Usually 2-4 weeks

For many antidepressant medications, it can take 2-4 weeks (or longer) before it begins to provide benefit.
Consult with your prescribing doctor to confirm this is the case for this specific medication.

In brief: Usually 2-4 weeks

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Besides "feeling" medication work, it's important for those taking antidepressants to not only think about how they feel but look at what they do or don't do. True depression causes significant loss of function in many life activities. They should be monitored as well. Both the person taking medication and those who watch the person who takes medication should be able to "see" medication working.
Dr. Momen El Nesr
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Up to 6 to 8 weeks

Up to 6 to 8 weeks.

In brief: Up to 6 to 8 weeks

Up to 6 to 8 weeks.
Dr. Momen El Nesr
Dr. Momen El Nesr
Dr. Eric Weisman