Is there a way to have my insurance approve an oral surgeon to remove my wisdom teeth. They are piercing through my cheeks and shattered a tooth.

Eligible benefit? Not all insurance plans are the same. Some medical insurance plans exclude dental coverage including the surgical removal of wisdom teeth. Your surgeon's office can contact your insurance company to determine if benefits are available, and/or submit a narrative to request coverage or appeal a denial.
Talk to office. Depending on your insurance plan, sometimes a narrative report by the doctor may assist you in helping to receive his services. If not, you may wish to try the local dental school. Keep smiling !
Speak to surgeon. It is the oral surgeon that gets the approval for the treatment. You need to have dental insurance.
Possibly. Surgical removal of wisdom teeth usually is covered by dental insurance but sometimes is covered by medical insurance. First talk directly with your insurance company about what is covered by your plan and if you need to go to an oral surgeon on panel. Then contact med ins co if not covered. The surgeon's office may be able to assist you by submitting a pre-d for surgery charges.
Dental insurance. You must have dental insurance firstly, and there are so many rules and hoops to jump through, the oral surgeon's office can hopefully help you navigate this. I cannot think of any incident whereby a wisdom tooth shatters another healthy molar, if it is as you say, it is a coincidence.
Yes there is, if... Most dental insurance policies will provide benefits for surgical services. Some hmo/capitation plans require that your primary care general dentist request authorization for specialty referral, and removal of impacted wisdom teeth is clearly a job for a specialist. If you do not have dental insurance, your medical plan may or may not provide benefits as well.