I recently had a panic attack and now every time I drink any caffeine my heart starts pounding and hurting?

Dr. Donald Hazlett
In brief: Get medical eval.
The fact that there is a direct connection between caffeine and the symptoms is a good reason to get an evaluation as soon as possible by a physician.
Anxiety caused symptoms that might resemble these would most likely cluster around stressful situations. There is no good reason to not get an expeditious medical assessment.

In brief: Get medical eval.
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
In brief: Stimulant
Caffeine is a relatively potent stimulant, and as true with all stimulants, it can cause palpitations and a rise in one's heart rate.
Should one experience multiple palpitations and/or an elevated heart rate for a prolonged period of time, be sure to see your physician.

In brief: Stimulant
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology