I recently had a panic attack and now every time I drink any caffeine my heart starts pounding and hurting?

Dr. Donald Hazlett

In brief: Get medical eval.

The fact that there is a direct connection between caffeine and the symptoms is a good reason to get an evaluation as soon as possible by a physician.
Anxiety caused symptoms that might resemble these would most likely cluster around stressful situations. There is no good reason to not get an expeditious medical assessment.

In brief: Get medical eval.

Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Stimulant

Caffeine is a relatively potent stimulant, and as true with all stimulants, it can cause palpitations and a rise in one's heart rate.
Should one experience multiple palpitations and/or an elevated heart rate for a prolonged period of time, be sure to see your physician.

In brief: Stimulant

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine