I have a bad tooth ache and nothing is helping. How can I make it stop? I'm on the verge of tears....

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: See a dentist ASAP

A tooth pain won't go away without treatment and the infection may spread to your jaw, cheeks, sinus and to other areas of your head and neck.
OTC pain medications such as NSAIDs or Tylenol, (acetaminophen) can all reduce the pain slightly, but none of these treats the cause. Visit a dentist ASAP for definitive diagnosis and treatment.

In brief: See a dentist ASAP

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Andrew Chase
Dentistry

In brief: See your dentist

Best to go to your dentist to evaluate the issue.
If you do not have a dentist, or can't afford one, check for a local health center or dental school, perhaps their fees would be more appropriate...

In brief: See your dentist

Dr. Andrew Chase
Dr. Andrew Chase
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Tooth decay

Toothache means tooth decay.
Problem will not go away on it's own. You need to see a dentist.

In brief: Tooth decay

Toothache means tooth decay.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Sterling
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: See a dentist

Toothaches don't resolve without professional care! pain relievers and antibiotics you may acquire and take will only relieve the symptoms without taking care of the cause of the problem.

In brief: See a dentist

Dr. Louis Sterling
Dr. Louis Sterling
Dr. Linda Gromko

In brief: Need to see dentist.

I know it is hard to find a dentist on a holiday, but if there is no emergency dental care in your community, you may have to go the the er. But try calling your own dentist first; they may have someone on call to cover during after-hours emergencies.
Good luck. Lg.

In brief: Need to see dentist.

Good luck. Lg.
Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine