The bottom teeth in that part of my mouth are also "numb" and sensitive after wisdom teeth extraction. Is this normal?

Dr. Don Millner
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: No, not normal!

The mandibular nerve runs in close proximity to many wisdom teeth.
It can be just temporarily traumatized or severed and possibly permanently damaged. Both issues can express themselves with "numbness" . While not a typical surgical outcome, it can happen. Advise your dentist of the issue. They may have more information about what occurred during your extraction.

In brief: No, not normal!

Dr. Don Millner
Dr. Don Millner
Dr. Park Firebaugh
Dentistry

This is called parasthesia and is due to inflammation or trauma to the nerves in the area of the wisdom teeth.
It may take some time, but feeling usually returns. I've seen some cases take as long as six months. You can also have permanent numbness following such surgery, but this isn't very common.

Dr. Park Firebaugh
Dr. Park Firebaugh
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: It's common

What you are experiencing is not uncommon.
You had a surgical procedure that often produces surrounding inflammation and soreness. Given time, this should subside. If you have any further questions, concerns or problems, you should discuss them with the surgeon who removed your teeth. Feel better.

In brief: It's common

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Eric Weisman