How can a history of depression influence my pregnancy?

Post-partum risk. If you have a history of depression you may have an episode of depression during pregnancy, but you are more at risk for developing significant post-partum depression. Let your doc know so that you can be closely monitored. Depression can cause bonding and development problems post-partum.
Post-partum. The previous history of depression does put one at much greater risk for post-partum depression. In some studies, the risk for "ppd" approaches 50%, and some states, including texas, have passed laws requiring hospitals and physicians to educate their patients on post-partum depression and screen them for symptoms.