I had my outer meniscus tear repaired and now the inside of my knee kills when i try to run. Why is that?

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Ortho evaluation now

A thorough examination by your treating surgeon or another orthopaedic surgeon should ascertain the more likely causes of your new onset medial knee pain.
An MRI may be indicated to evaluate the status of the repaired lateral meniscus and to gain better detail regarding the internal derangement now potentially present within the medial aspect of your knee. Cartilage or meniscus injury are likely.

In brief: Ortho evaluation now

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine