How long will extra strength tylenol (acetaminophen) capsules remain safe and effective past their stamped expiration date?

Dr. Ron Jones
In brief: Who knows
There is an expiration date for a reason.
I am not sure that the reason is to encourage you to purchase more, but if kept dry and out of direct light most "coated" medications would be ok a fairly good while after the expiration date (in my opinion).

In brief: Who knows
Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. James Marx
The expiration date is the date that 90% of the medication is still active.The useful life of tylenol might be years after that but you probably won't be getting 90% of the actual medicine.Antibiotics are the exception and some like Tetracycline actually can become toxic. Check with your pharmacist especially on Antibiotics.
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine