Is there any way to get my doctor to take a serious approach to managing my severe pain?

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management

In brief: Not likely

Dr gofeld is right.
Either your pcp gets it or they don't. See a board certified pain specialist.

In brief: Not likely

Dr gofeld is right.
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Pain Management

In brief: Probably not

Practice of medicine is not something definite and indisputable.
Every doctor has beliefs and practice within personal comfort zone limits. I would suggest you to see pain specialist who can address your problem and communicate with your family doctor.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Michael Gofeld
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Dr. Ron Jones

I you have pain to the extent that it is negatively affecting your quality of living or ability to function normally and your doctor has not taken you seriously, there must be a communication gap.
If you feel that you have communicated your symptoms clearly to your doctor, find a new one. Make sure your complaints were not "by the way", consider making appointment just for pain consult.

Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Vikram Patel